Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Week Eight, Assignment #18

Week 8: Online Applications & Tools
#18. Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.


I've set up a Zoho Writer account with the username joanneLMT2. I've imported a few documents that I might want to access from other computers.

Here are my discoveries. Zoho's Sheets are equivalent to Excel Spreadsheets. (I had no idea what "sheets" would be. I'm not used to this open source stuff.) Zoho Show lets you do prsentations (equivalent to PowerPoint, I expect). I sampled Zoho Mail. When I get to school, I know I will find this access point is blocked, as per school district policy. I'm embedding my Zoho Chat box here:

I'm finding this chat box very interesting. I've logged in and out to test whether any viewer can see the messages being sent. It appears they can't, that I have to be logged in to review what was said.

I've used Google docs in the past. We learned about this more than a year ago, from our library supervisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment