Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Week Seven, Assignment #17

#17. Add an entry to the Pennsylvania Curriculum Connection wiki.

I went to the PA Curriculum Connection wiki but I couldn't immediately play in the sandbox or edit a page because I didn't have the invite key. I emailed the administrator to ask for the invite key and she sent it to me. I then had to look around a lot before finding a place I could make an entry. There's supposed to be a sandbox, and I expected to find one with lots of other people's comments, but there's only a sandbox homepage with a welcoming message and a link to PA Curriculum Connections. It didn't look like a place for me to make a comment or to "play" with friends. I finally found a page under "Online Learning" where I felt I could make an entry and not mess up the main design of the site. I added the PA Online Web 2.0 link on this page: http://pacurriculum.pbwiki.com/ONLINE.

In May when someone e-mailed me for permission to add to this page, I looked around and saw that the page itself was redundant. Someone else had set up the page, but their postings were listed on other pages, so I deleted the "Online" page. Other people who wanted to post there would be better advised to post on one of the other available pages.

I'm wondering where other people who are following this "23 Things" online tutorial plan for PSLA are making their entries on the PA Curriculum Connection site.

No comments:

Post a Comment