Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Week Seven, Assignment #16

Week 7: Wikis
#16. Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways that libraries are using them.


I went to pbwiki.com and found the note, "You don't have permission to comment on this page." I thought pbwiki was something I had access to. When I went to Joyce Valenza's session at last year's PSLA Conference, I found out about her pbwiki and I was able to access information on it.

I set up an account with pbwiki, so now apparently I can create a wiki, but since my school district bans access to any and all wikis, there's not much point in my trying to find a way I can use this in my school library.

I just went looking at Joyce Valenza's TeacherLibrarian Ning site, to see what I could find about pbwiki. I used the "search" feature, but only came up with the suggestion that librarians use the pbwiki for their libraries. I hate when I have to spend time searching for stuff like this. There's definitely an overload of librarian possibilities in my brain. On the positive side, along the way I saw some things I might want to go back to look at again.

No comments:

Post a Comment